- 1 Features the Make up Equipment For Podcasting
- 2 What to Look For In the Best Hardware
- 3 Best Computer For Podcasting
- 4 Our Choices For Best Podcast Equipment Packages
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Resources
Podcasting serves to communicate a special message to the audience out there, but it is also a source or revenue. In the current wake of technological outburst, one can get it all confused when acquiring the best podcast starter kit . However, there is an individual level of technological comfort that acts as a guide, when one sets out to purchase hardware. It is ideal for one to have information on what paraphernalia to buy and what to look for in broadcast gear.
A good starter setup is going to be one of the best ways to start a podcast.
Features the Make up Equipment For Podcasting
The parts comes as a combination of different equipment that forms a system. It is possible for one to forget some of the important components, and one should have a list of the basic tools. Quality remains an integral element during your selection, but getting the right set up goes a long way in facilitating good podcasting results. Whilst one can record directly into a computer, the following gear makes it up:
A microphone picks up the voice during a session. One has an option to pick pop screens and filters in order to make the sound cleaner. There are two types of microphones: dynamic and condenser. However, each type has its advantages and disadvantages.
A mixer helps a podcaster adjust the volume and effects during a podcasting session. It comes in handy when there are more than one person in one session. It becomes easy for one to adjust the effects well ahead of time before the next comes live while recording.
A digital recorder can serve both outdoor and indoor recording purposes. It records a session for production. One can just plug a microphone directly on the recorder, or connect the recorder with a mixer. The recorders range from small dictaphones to professional recorders.
The choice of cables depends on configuration of your internet radio gear. One can use cables to connect a microphone to a mixer or recorder. Their main function is to transmit signals from one end of equipment to the other.
Headphones allow one to monitor a broadcast session. It becomes possible to hear other podcasters clearly. Headphones also help one to listen to the effects and adjust them accordingly.
What to Look For In the Best Hardware
- Microphone – If one opts to pick a condenser microphone, there is a need to use it while in a sound booth. This microphone picks up even the slightest noise, and it can pick the sound of a seat creaking or birds chirping from outside the recording room. A dynamic microphone befits a small room or basement recording sessions. It features quality sound and it has control over any noise in the room. On pricing, a condenser microphone starter kit is more expensive than a dynamic one.
- Mixer – People buy mixers according to their technological comfort. If one wants to use more than one microphone, then the best podcasting mixer with USB connections comes in handy. One can also look for a mixer with an AUX outlet in order to achieve a mix/minus set up that is necessary for Skype or Google Hangouts interview calls. This feature also enables interviewees to listen to other channels except their own, and it eliminates feedback looping. It means that the recording environment determines the choice of a microphone. A noisy environment calls for a dynamic microphone while a quiet environment is ideal for a condenser microphone. Nevertheless, one can customize the environment where necessary in order to achieve a better microphone performance.
- Digital Recorder – Digital recorders are easy to use since they have built-in editing tools. Portability remains a crucial consideration when one buys a digital recorder. Small recorders are easy to carry and fix on cameras when filming a video. However, one can choose a slightly bigger recorder for static recording purposes.
- Cables – Whilst there are no good or bad cables, factors such as their price and warranty come in handy. Some cables are more expensive than others. Similarly, some cables come with a warranty while others do not have it.
- Headphones – One should always go for headphones that have a high quality. Some headphones usually have a high quality than others. It all depends on the clarity of the sound when one uses them.
Best Computer For Podcasting
For me, it is always going to be a simple choice – a Macbook. Take a look here for a bunch of great options by clicking here.
Our Choices For Best Podcast Equipment Packages
PreSonus AudioBox Studio
This studio comes as a complete set that one requires to record and produce even at an entry level. With this studio, it becomes possible to record multi-track recordings, podcasts, demos, and field recordings. Importantly, it follows the award winning Studio One production and recording software.
At the heart of the PreSonus AudioBox Studio is the USB interface that is simple, portable and reliable. The box has audio/MIDI interface that features two-combo inputs for microphones or instruments. The box also has a zero-latency monitoring, and it comes ready for use. It is also compatible with most Mac and Windows recording software, has microphone preamplifiers and 24-bit converters.
The other quality feature of the PreSonus AudioBox Studio is the M7 condenser microphone. It has a large diaphragm, and it has a better performance than a dynamic microphone. The HD7 headphones also compliment the studio. They have a sound chamber that delivers deep low frequencies with a powerful bass punch since it is patented and semi-open.
Behringer Podcastudio USB
This studio makes recording into a personal computer easy. It comes with a 5-channel mixer that makes it ideal for multiple podcasters. The mixer also features a microphone input and a preamplifier. Lastly, a mains adapter is an accompaniment to the mixer.
The USB interface of the studio is compatible with Mac and personal computers. A dynamic microphone with a stand is the other feature of the studio, and a pair of headphones with 3.5 mm jack that fits in ¼ inches adapter adds up in the package. The studio also features 2 stereo phono cables and 1 XLR cable. Importantly, the studio features a software CD that includes an audacity package. The software enables one to record and mix during a production session.
With such information, both the entry-level and professional streaming becomes easy to carry out. It is the right set up and the quality of the podcasting package that matters. The information makes it possible for one to undertake both outdoor and indoor podcasting sessions.