- 1 Best Podcast Starter Kit Quick Link Chart
- 2 Our Choices For Best Podcast Kit
- 3 Features That Make Up Equipment For Podcasting
- 4 What to Look For In the Best Podcasting Kit
- 5 Best Computer For Podcasting
- 6 Podcasting Starter Kits Conclusion
- 7 More Podcasting Resources
Podcasting serves to communicate a special message to the audience out there, but it is also a source or revenue. In the current wake of technological outburst, one can get it all confused when acquiring the best podcast starter kit . However, there is an individual level of technological comfort that acts as a guide, when one sets out to purchase podcast hardware. It is ideal for one to have information on what paraphernalia to buy and what to look for in podcasting kit.
A good starter setup is going to be one of the best ways to start a podcast. I don’t know about you, but I have been listening to podcasts everyday for years. There are just so many different podcasts out there to choose from – you almost never get bored.
Best Podcast Starter Kit Quick Link Chart
|PreSonus AudioBox Studio||Buy It Now!|
|Behringer Podcastudio USB||Buy It Now!|
|4 Person Podcast Kit – Yamaha MG10XU||Buy It Now!|
|2 Person Podcast Kit – Yamaha MG10XU||Buy It Now!|
Our Choices For Best Podcast Kit
PreSonus AudioBox Studio
This studio comes as a complete set that one requires to record and produce even at an entry level. With this starter package, it becomes possible to record multi-track recordings, podcasts, demos, and field recordings. Importantly, it follows the award winning Studio One production and recording software.
At the heart of the PreSonus AudioBox Studio is the USB interface that is simple, portable and reliable. The box has audio/MIDI interface that features two-combo inputs for microphones or instruments. The box also has a zero-latency monitoring, and it comes ready for use. It is also compatible with most Mac and Windows recording software, has microphone preamplifiers and 24-bit converters.
The other quality feature of the PreSonus AudioBox Studio is the M7 condenser microphone. It has a large diaphragm, and it has a better performance than a dynamic microphone. The HD7 headphones also compliment the studio. They have a sound chamber that delivers deep low frequencies with a powerful bass punch since it is patented and semi-open.
Behringer Podcastudio USB
This studio makes recording into a personal computer easy. It comes with a 5-channel mixer that makes it ideal for multiple podcasters. The mixer also features a microphone input and a preamplifier. Lastly, a mains adapter is an accompaniment to the mixer.
The USB interface of the studio is compatible with Mac and personal computers. A dynamic microphone with a stand is the other feature of the studio, and a pair of headphones with 3.5 mm jack that fits in ¼ inches adapter adds up in the package. The studio also features 2 stereo phono cables and 1 XLR cable. Importantly, the studio features a software CD that includes an audacity package. The software enables one to record and mix during a podcasting session.
4 Person Podcast Kit – Yamaha MG10XU 10 Channel Mixing Console Bundle with Art Headamp 4 Stereo Headphone Amp, Pure Resonance Audio MH10C Headphones and Accessories
This is a great way to get started with a great group podcast or if you plan on podcasting interviews with up to four people. It comes with just about everything you need.
- The 10 channel Yamaha MG10XU mixer.
- 4 channel headphone amp.
- 4 sets of headphones.
- 4 mics.
- All the cables you need!
This is definitely a cost effective way to jump in and get started!
2 Person Podcast Starter Kits – Same As the Four Person Just Smaller!
Simply click the four person image above and select the two person option.
Looking to just do a podcast with one other person or planning on having just one guest at a time? A two person option might be just right for you. If you saw the four person option above, this is basically the exact same set up. Only it eliminates two of the headphones and two of the mics. Another excellent choice!
Features That Make Up Equipment For Podcasting
The parts comes as a combination of different equipment that forms a system. It is possible for one to forget some of the important components, and one should have a list of the basic tools. Quality remains an integral element during your selection, but getting the right set up goes a long way in facilitating good podcasting results. Whilst one can record directly into a computer, the following gear makes it up:
A microphone is one part of the podcasting kit picks up the voice during a podcast session. One has an option to pick pop screens and filters in order to make the sound cleaner. There are two types of microphones: dynamic and condenser. However, each type has its advantages and disadvantages.
Podcast Audio Mixer
A mixer helps a podcaster adjust the volume and effects during a podcasting session. It comes in handy when there are more than one person in one session. It becomes easy for one to adjust the effects well ahead of time before the next comes live while recording.
Looking for more indepth info on these? Take a look at our best podcast mixer article.
A digital recorder can serve both outdoor and indoor recording purposes. It records a session for production. One can just plug a microphone directly on the recorder, or connect the recorder with a mixer. The recorders range from small dictaphones to professional recorders.
The choice of cables depends on configuration of your internet radio gear. One can use cables to connect a microphone to a mixer or recorder. Their main function is to transmit signals from one end of equipment to the other.
Headphones allow one to monitor a broadcast session. It becomes possible to hear other podcasters clearly. Headphones also help one to listen to the effects and adjust them accordingly.
What to Look For In the Best Podcasting Kit
- Microphone – If one opts to pick a condenser microphone, there is a need to use it while in a sound booth. This microphone picks up even the slightest noise, and it can pick the sound of a seat creaking or birds chirping from outside the recording room. A dynamic microphone befits a small room or basement podcast sessions. It features quality sound and it has control over any noise in the room. On pricing, a condenser microphone starter kit is more expensive than a dynamic one.
- Mixer – People buy mixers according to their technological comfort. If one wants to use more than one microphone, then the best podcasting mixer with USB connections comes in handy. One can also look for a mixer with an AUX outlet in order to achieve a mix/minus set up that is necessary for Skype or Google Hangouts interview calls. This feature also enables interviewees to listen to other channels except their own, and it eliminates feedback looping. It means that the recording environment determines the choice of a microphone. A noisy environment calls for a dynamic microphone while a quiet environment is ideal for a condenser microphone. Nevertheless, one can customize the environment where necessary in order to achieve a better microphone performance for your podcast.
- Digital Recorder – Digital recorders are easy to use since they have built-in editing tools. Portability remains a crucial consideration when one buys a digital recorder. Small recorders are easy to carry and fix on cameras when filming a video. However, one can choose a slightly bigger recorder for static recording purposes.
- Cables – Whilst there are no good or bad cables, factors such as their price and warranty come in handy. Some cables are more expensive than others. Similarly, some cables come with a warranty while others do not have it.
- Headphones – One should always go for podcast headphones that have a high quality. Some headphones usually have a high quality than others. It all depends on the clarity of the sound when one uses them.
Best Computer For Podcasting
For me, it is always going to be a simple choice – a Macbook. Take a look here for a bunch of great options by clicking here.
Podcasting Starter Kits Conclusion
With such information, both the entry-level and professional streaming becomes easy to carry out. It is the right set up and the quality of the best podcast starter kit that matters. The information makes it possible for one to undertake both outdoor and indoor podcasting sessions.